macrafic

Well Known Member
For those of you side-by-siders who mounted your 1 or 2 com antennas just ahead of the main spar, next to each gear leg:
- how far inboard of the gear leg hole did you mount the antenna?
- how close to the main spar did you mount it (or did you go even further and tie the backing plate to the main spar and bottom skin, which would require removing and replacing a few rivets)?
- if you have the Classic Aero interior, I'd love to hear your input, as I want to make sure that the housing for the gear leg mounting covers the antenna mounting also, so I need some guidance as to what my range of mounting locations is here.

antenna mt

may not be the answer you are looking for, but sooooo much easier to mount antennas behind spar and stick hardware. No interference with carpet, further away from exhaust, backing plate easy to rivet, and easy to get to. I have Classic interior --

Behind the spar

Rich,
I have to agree with Mark that I think behind the spar is a better option.
I have emailed you some photos of of my com antenna mount.

have two mounted

Rich, I have a 7A with the classic interior and two comm antennas mounted on the belly just ahead of spar. I just went out to the hangar and measured the following: antennas are 2 feet apart, each antenna is 5 inches from gear leg fairing, and back mounting holes of each antenna is 4 inches forward of the belly skin seam. This puts them where the classic gear cover does its job and covers them nicely. Let me know if you need a picture.