mhcflyer

Well Known Member
Anyone try or currently use the Coloreyes HD Sunglasses?

http://www.coloreyes.com/

The webpage and magazine ads look interesting, but are they worth the price they are asking? One of the claims is that they enhance contrast, and I've seen a EFIS display comparison which again looked promising. I'd like to see some actual user responses.

--
Michael Crowder

sonex293 said:

The webpage and magazine ads look interesting, but are they worth the price they are asking? One of the claims is that they enhance contrast, and I've seen a EFIS display comparison which again looked promising. I'd like to see some actual user responses.

--
Michael Crowder

I looked at them at OSH, and was favorably impressed. They appear to be more or less identical to "Maui Jim" sunglasses except that they are not polarized. The cheaper Chinese frames (thick plastic temples) don't look quite as nice as the cheap Chinese ones Maui Jim sells, but they seemed functionally the. As far as I could tell the lenses were identical (and I had an old, beat up pair of Maui Jims on me). The more expensive flexible titanium frames were identical.

It is very difficult to find high quality, non polarized sunglasses "off the shelf."

There are no magic bullets in sunglasses, but these looked comfortable and functional to me. At their price point, I would expect an excellent warranty and customer service.

I am looking at stocking them for the optical shop in my office.

sonex293 said:

--
Michael Crowder

I have a pair with the frame blanks (for prescription lenses) that have the clip-on magnetic shades. Both the gray and amber colored shades. I'm impressed. I also have some prescription Serengetti's and the Coloreyes do just as good a job if not better (and much lighter than my huge "large aviators" - what a mistake that was!)

The company recently changed their product from ColorEyes to Vedalo.

My wife (also a pilot) has had hers for 2 years. After being around her for that time, I finally broke down and bought 2 pair (copper rose lenses for low light/cloud conditions and green lens for all around use) at OSH. I am absolutely and completely pleased.

They have several different models. The model that I bought was the Titanio, with titanium frames. They are very thin (not the thick ear pieces mentioned elsewhere in this thread) and the glasses are absolutely no weight. I don't notice them at all under my headset.

There is definitely a difference between the lenses (which is why I bought 2 pair). However, don't expect miracles. Another one of their advertisements shows a golf ball being much easier to spot. After golfing last week, I can attest that no eyeglasses can help when you lose your balls in the water hazards or slice many yards into the surrounding bluffs/forest!!!!!

I'm thinking about getting the Verde with Grey lens and Titanium frames. One of the sites I have bought from before has them for $149 (abt $155 shipped), which is the best price I've seen.

--
Michael

Vedalo

sonex293 said:
I'm thinking about getting the Verde with Grey lens and Titanium frames. One of the sites I have bought from before has them for $149 (abt $155 shipped), which is the best price I've seen.

--
Michael

Which site is that, please ???