Epsound

Well Known Member
Hello all,

My name is Evans. I live in Colorado Springs, CO. Thought I would try and strike up some commo with people in CO. I will be building a 7 starting next year. I am also interested in learning about airparks in this state.

Interested in meeting fellow rv'ers in the area.

Cheers

Evans

Evans,

Can't vouch for any airparks, but if you ever get up to Carbondale I have a 7A filling my garage. Hopefully only for a "few" more months.

-Todd

Todd,

I'm curious, where will you base your -7a? Isn't hangar space an issue with the airports near Carbondale?

Glad to meet you....

Evans,

Can't vouch for any airparks, but if you ever get up to Carbondale I have a 7A filling my garage. Hopefully only for a "few" more months.

-Todd

Todd. What is the airport you will be parked at?

Eastern CO

I am building an RV7A in Wray, CO 2v5. I have the fuselage in the garage and wings in the adjacent shop. Working on wiring and hopefully getting closer to the end this summer. Stop by anytime if you are out in the middle of nowhere.

Evans,

Chapter 997 is located in Durango at Animas Airpark. We have eleven RV's at present and growing. If you get over this way give us a holler and we will show you the area.

Jim

Much obliged......

Evans,

Chapter 997 is located in Durango at Animas Airpark. We have eleven RV's at present and growing. If you get over this way give us a holler and we will show you the area.

Jim

Thanks Jim. I hope to take you up on that. There aren't RVs that I am aware of hear in the Springs. Bummer...

Thanks Jim. I hope to take you up on that. There aren't RVs that I am aware of hear in the Springs. Bummer...

Yes, there are at Meadowlake airport (00V). I'm sure one of them will eventually speak up.

Steve

Also forgot to mention there is builder assistance there as well. Name and number on the builder assistance page of this website.

Last edited:
Thanks Steve.....

Yes, there are at Meadowlake airport (00V). I'm sure one of them will eventually speak up.

Steve

Also forgot to mention there is builder assistance there as well. Name and number on the builder assistance page of this website.

Thats great! Are you at Meadowlake?

No, I'm in TN, but I was at Meadowlake for several months finishing up my RV 7. Nice group of guys based there.

Steve
N174AS
TN77

When I lived in the Springs http://www.eaa72.org/home/ was very active and still seems to be. In fact, it was one of the most active chapters I have ever seen. On their web page their are 9 RV's either flying or under construction.

Meadowlake is also an airpark of sorts. It is a public airport but there are homes that have taxi rights to the airport.

Check them out

Ryan

Evans,

Most likely I'm going to base out of Rifle, if I could find room in Glenwood Springs after I burn off my 40 hours, that would be perfect. Eagle is also an alterntive.

-Todd

Glad to meet.........

all of you. Will be looking into these local EEA chapters. Mabe I can find a workshop or two close.

E.

Evans,
There are several RV owners/builders in the Montrose/Delta area. Just north of Delta, you'll find Westwinds airpark (D17). There is a home and a few lots for sale in that airpark.

I'm in the finishing kit stage of my 9A. A friend of mine in Cedaredge started a 7A a few days ago.

Good luck,
Harmon