szicree

Well Known Member
If you bought a used TDR 950 transponder on Ebay and it had no installation manual, harness or connectors, where would you go to get them?

Steve Zicree

Got you covered

Steve I got you covered*

PIN NUMBER* AND FUNCTION

1 Ground
2 ext suppr (for dme, to sync transponder and dme, not used w/o dme)
3 D4 (NOT USED FOR MY DYNON EFIS D-10)
4 B4
5 B2
6 B1
7 A4
8 C1
9 C4
10 A2
11 C2
12 A1
13 14v DIMMER (28v needs a 56 Ohm 15 watt resistor)
14 14 VOLT DC IN
15 REMOTE IDENT (GOES TO GROUND)

Pin number can be read on the tray plug or on the uniy (with a magnifing glass). If looking at the back of the transponder from left to right (inboard to outboard) the numbers go 1 thru 15.

Pins 3 thru 12 are for the encoder. 3 was not used with my encoder (Dynon). If your encoder has a strobe, it is not used on the collins.

Great unit, enjou G

Thanks a ton, George. Now can you tell me where to get the tray plug?

Steve Zicree

Last edited:
common parts

Call local avionics shops, they usually have old ones in a drawer you might get a free-be. Next you need the metal connectors that pop into the connector. They are expensive and will need likely need to buy new ones. If you find a used tray plug with the wires still attached consider splicing into the wires vs. new connector clips. Next try the big avionics dealers on the web. Last you can buy from the owner of the collins line, S-tec. Expect to pay $20-$25, and you may also need the coax plug also ($25). George

TDR-950 Ident

Hello,

To any TDR-950 owners out there. How long should the ident light stay on after you press the ident button?

The IDENT light should stay on until the first radar sweep hits it I believe. If you're in the hanger, it could take awhile ;).