Bwing96

Any one on here ever fly into Omaha for the College World Series?
I would like to go up and watch a game or two and looking for info on which airport, FBO's, motels, etc. to use or not use.

I live in Omaha.

Eppley is the "big" airport, with a Signature and Tac Air. I know Tac Air has super nice facilities, don't know what they charge as far as fees and parking. The only reason I know is that I started my flight training with a now-defunct school based there. It's only a few minutes from TD Ameritrade park.

Further out west is Millard, with an FBO (Hangar One) that has some basic facilities, fuel, etc. It's about a 20-30 minute drive downtown from there, plenty of hotels and restaurants out that way. I live about 10 minutes west of there and fly from Millard. If you do come up, let me know -- you can come on over for a beer.

Just avoid that two-mile-plus long single runway (12/30) a little south of Eppley, no matter how much your RV looks like a fighter. :)

OMA

I have flown into Omaha a few times and have had great experience with Tac Air. They even shuttled me to the hotel downtown where I was going. I just flew up from KC and didn't buy much gas.

John