aarvig

Well Known Member
I just primed my rudder last night. What a process in the cold weather. It was 0 degrees outside. I turned on my propane tube heater (wife is afraid of CO poisening so to appease her I had to vent the garage every few minutes by opening the door).Then because the cars drag tons of salt and slop into the garage I could only take a few parts out at a time. I had to place them on the only table I have out there. Prime, let it flash off carry them in, grab new parts, carry them out quickly so the odors don't come in the house. Turn on the propane, heat to 50, turn off the propane, paint. Turn on the propane, heat to 50, open garage and ventilate then repeat. WOW, too much work and I am using an easy priming process (napa 7220).
Anyway, it's done and I can't wait to put it together. I think I need to build a garagemahal with a downdraft paint booth and forced air furnace...wait all my extra money is going into this plane!:D Gotta love it.

my gf complains about 7220 smell all the time, i just keep priming

maybe i have my priorities mixed up to some

Aaron, if you stove hood in the kitchen is vented to the outside, you could lay some cardboard on the stove and prime them in the kitchen.

On a more serious note, do you have an unfinished room in the basement with a window of any sort? Build a booth from cardboard, get an induction motor type of blower, and vent the stink outside. Stack up 3 or 4 furnace filters before the blower, and change them as necessary, to keep actual paint mist from going outside and misbehaving. I had a cardboard booth up against a window in my garage for the duration of the building project.