KirkGrovesRV8

Well Known Member
Hi Guys and Gals!
Put another 2hrs on today, man o man it was a little chilly out today. Got to the airport around 12n to do a little clean and minor maintenance stuff the wind was blowing around 15kts with gusts up to 22kts but they were right down the runway at S37. So whats aguy to do:) go fly!! Up to now I have been very cautious about the winds I flew in, but I am feeling very comfortable in the 8 and since the winds were right into the runway I thought today would be a good day to expand the envelope a little. So after letting the oil warm up off Dakota Queen and I went, clear skies and beautiful views but bumps all get out, constant chop and bumping around under 4000' so I poured the coals to her and jumped right up to 800' and it was smooth as silk but COLD...
I got her trimmed out and watched my ground speed go to 125kts... man I thought this is going to be cool when I turn around. So after a while I don't know how long I was just enjoying the view, I rolled in 60deg of bank and it honestly looked like I got shot out of a cannon, even at 8000' their was a noticeable difference in the speed the ground went by at. The GPS finally settled in on 233kts!!! What a plane!!
But I did not dress warm enough to stay that high any longer so down I went and back into the bumps.. I decided it would be a good chance to practice slow flight and turns in less than ideal conditions, plane handled amazing hard to believe you can be blasting along and slow her up and still feel rock solid. Anyway the landing went great was practically crawling by the time the tires touched. Any way sorry for the long winded not much info post but just wanted to talk about another great day flying my RV.
All the Best to Everyone...
Kirk :D