Interior

In my RV-8 my seats Black leather with Cranberry inserts, carpet and side panels are also on the dark side, my panel,seatbelts,dash,canopy frame, roll bars are all black. I bought my goods from Classic Aero. I don't notice any temp changes from my old interior which was very light color. (white panel)when flying. on the ground I crack my canopy or use my cover. If I'm not parked in my hanger.

Note the states where these two posters live

Florida and New Hampshire. :D

Growing up in the North I never understood how hot things got in the South until I walked across a blacktop parking lot in July barefoot and burned the bottom of both feet. Man did that ever hurt!

Interior colour

Ken,

Something to be aware of is if you have a light colour on the panel, it can reflect badly in sunlight to the extent that it hampers your vision of the panel when flying. A friend of mine originally had the Vans powdercoat grey on his RV8 panel (Airforce pilot) and changed the colour after a time to dark grey. Leather interiors seem to be able to dissipate heat comfortably though it would be wise to stick to lighter colours in the seats if temperature is a concern.

Worth consideration.

Greg:)

interior color

I have flown all over florida with no problems. I went to OSH as well and forgot my canopy cover.kept the canopy cracked open 1/2 inch did the trick. If you think about it, the temps at altitude are cool even in the south. The rv canopy is not air tight. so interior color isn't a factor at all. If you park out in the sun with the canopy closed it gets HOT dark or light colored. With my light grey canopy cover on, the solor heat build up is the same no mater what color your interior color is.