Peterk

Well Known Member
So what are all of my fellow fuselage builders doing about the cockpit steps? Are you painting them or powder coating etc? I notice the steering system is powder coated and its not even outside the aircraft. I just don't want rusty water running down a bulkhead I can't get to. Trying to decide to prime, paint, both or powder coat. Suggestions?

Thanks

Pete

Chrome

I've been thinking about having my steps chromed plated ... good thing I've only been thinking about that!!!

*** Just received a call from Van's Aircraft warning me NOT to have the steps chrome plated!! It will brittlize (make brittle) the steps.. Do NOT Chrome Plate!!!

Last edited:
Not exactly apples ot apples!

Ok, but post a picture of the steps on your pickup truck :)

The steps on a pickup truck are subject to much more abuse than on an airplane. They therefore are MUCH over built. If you put a pickup truck step on an airplane you would quickly be at your gross weight.

The steps on a pickup truck are subject to much more abuse than on an airplane. They therefore are MUCH over built. If you put a pickup truck step on an airplane you would quickly be at your gross weight.

Hi Mel... I am joking of course. Just to be sure, I added the smiley. If Jerry wants to chrome plate the step on his RV, I want to see all the chrome on his truck, if he even drives a truck.

Jeff