OneCharlieKilo

Well Known Member
My wife got me one of those blue LED lighting strips for Christmas from Stein's web site. I finally got them installed and took a short night flight to see how they they worked and have to say I really like them! Weigh very little, easy to install to existing dimmer, low current, and tape right in place under the glareshield.

Picture isn't great, but best my cheap camera (ok, maybe it's the photographer) could do:

LED_panel_lighting003.JPG

There are a few other pictures at:

http://rv6aproject.ckhand.com/panelAndElectrical/panel/panelPg6.htm

Chris,

Looks pretty good. I noticed that some of the LEDs on the passenger side of the glareshield are shining straight into the camera lens in your photo. Do you find that this happens to the pilot in normal use, or is it just an artifact of where the camera was held when the picture was taken?

mcb

Chris,
Looks pretty good. I noticed that some of the LEDs on the passenger side of the glareshield are shining straight into the camera lens in your photo. Do you find that this happens to the pilot in normal use, or is it just an artifact of where the camera was held when the picture was taken?
mcb

No, you can't see the individual LEDs or the LED strip in a normal sitting postion. The strip just creates a blue "glow" over the panel from underneath the overhang of the glareshield.
The lights shining into the lens were because I had the camera pretty low when I took the pictures. The lens was well below normal eye level. It was tough to get the camera in a good position since the canopy had to be down to take the pictures (tip-up canopy) and I didn't want to climb into the baggage compartment with the lid down.