RVadmirer

Well Known Member
As a non-builder owner I need to repaint my panel and wondered what you folks are using for labeling? I have a small label maker but the smaller labels on the breakers are better and mine doesn't go that small. :confused:
Thank you,
Dave

PS: any good tips on pen, pencil, flashlight holders?

I printed lables on the computer, using different fonts, sizes, and colors. Used Avery clear label sheets, and sprayed a clear coat out of a rattle can, to seal the lettering.

The easiest pen/pencil/flashlight holders have got to be patches of velcro....put pile everywhere, and wrap the items with some hook side, and don't worry about losing them!

Paul

Thanks Paul!

That's kinda what I've been doing, just thought there might be a trick commercial setup I hadn't seen yet. Have been reading the archives on labeling, how is your program holding up?
Dave

My labels look brand new, a year and a half after first fight. I went the route of a Brother labelmaker and black-on-clear label material. Veyr happy with it, and easy to change if you have to.

Paul

I did the same

L.Adamson said:
I printed lables on the computer, using different fonts, sizes, and colors. Used Avery clear label sheets, and sprayed a clear coat out of a rattle can, to seal the lettering.

Its great to print up different sizes and you can even space them correctly on the clear sheet and then cut them out with an exacto knife...Then use a strip of making tape across the front of the labels and lift them off the backing sheet and then straight onto the panel, thus the spacing remains perfect.

You do all your test printing on paper to get the spacing perfect before you use a real acetate sheet...

Use clear and it takes on the colour of the panel...white in my case...I used black lettering except the passenger warning which is red.

I made a microsoft word document and saved it on my PC...the idea is if I ever have to refinish my panel (which I do, the paint was junk!) I simply open the file and print out another set.

Frank 7a

Panel Labelling

Problem with black on clear is where you have a dark coloured panel.

A slight variation on the clear avery labels trick is to print onto clear acetate sheet (eg overhead transparency). Print a mirror image on the underside of the sheet so that it won't rub off with time. Most printers won't print white - relying instead on the colour of the paper. Aint no colour on a trasparency, so you won't get white! Simple solution is to spray the underside of the acetate with flexible white paint. Still easier is to stick a white plain avery label onto the bottom of the sheet. The top (exposed) surface of the acetate will have a high gloss. Scuff this with scotchbright and spray on some matt/satin clear acrylic. Attach to the panel with thin double sided tape.

A technique that provides very durable labels that are waterproof, resistant to wear, and allow infinite flexibility in their design. Worked a treat on my -10.

cheers,
Ron
-10 finishing

I use flightline interior kit on my RV9A...

The velcro wrap on my pen works great. I can stick my pen anyware and it won't fall off. :)
The only problem is finding were I last stuck it. :eek:

Kent