mrdoornbos

I'm New Here
Heh, that should be height but you can't edit a post title so...

Okay so I was in a friends RV-6 a few weeks ago an had a blast. He may have swayed me in the RV direction.

I have a unique physical problem. I'm 6 foot 3 and about 240 pounds. I was hurt in the Navy and had 13 of the vertebrae in my back and neck fused together.

This was not an issue for my 3rd class medical, I'm in fair shape and can touch my toes. Not even special issuance. The doc didn't see any reason it should keep me from flying.

But since my upper spine and part of my neck aren't flexible I have a hard time ducking into smaller airplanes. For someone who's 6'3" I have a very long torso and not long legs, so much of my height is in my body and not legs. I sit very tall in most seats because of it.

Any thoughts on RV models that might suit me best with this as a major consideration? I don't have any problem getting into a Diamond DA-20.

I am 6'-5" and 240# and have no problem with my RV-9. I built it and made sure everything I could made for my height was done.
Thin seat cushions, rudder pedals all the way forward and seats as far rear as possible.
I don't fit in a DA-20. I have tried a couple of times.
An RV-14 would be very nice.

6'3" 220 lbs. RV7 is a fairly tight fit height-wise but with some thin seat and back cushions (if your back can handle it) you should have absolutely no problem fitting. I am a little long legged for reference. Understand the "6" may be a no go for our size.