DaleB

Well Known Member
Does anyone have an avionics kit (or finish kit, whichever is appropriate) not yet installed, or have their plane apart? I would like to know the length (within a foot or so) of the coax cables for the COM and transponder antennas. I will be adding ADS-B antennas to the belly of my -12, it's not here at the moment to get measurements and I'd like to get some cable ordered.

Last edited:
Dale-

I believe the com, transponder & ADS-B cables are now being included in the finishing kit and not as a part of the avionics package ... so you need to reach out to those who have just received a finishing kit.

I ordered ADS-B and ended up with an extra cable because it was also included in my finish kit. So I can measure the length of the ADS-B cable for you when I get to the hangar later today. Sorry can't help you with the other cable lengths because they are already installed.

Happy building,

Dale-

Here is the info on the ADS-B coax cable for the RV-12:

The length of my cable from female BNC connector to female BNC connector measures 14? 7 1/4".

The length from the band that needs to be positioned at the grommet in the instrument panel base to the end of the coax that plugs into the ADS-B module is 12".

The cable numbers are as follows:
M17/128/RG400
Harbor Industries MIL/DTL/ 17 27478

Happy building,

Thanks, John! DO you know off hand roughly how far back from the COM and/or transponder antennas the ADS-B antenna is? I haven't seen one installed, so I'm thinking maybe it's aft of the baggage bulkhead?

I just got a call from the guy who's been flying my -12 all over the place... looks like I'll have it back tomorrow so I can start on my long to-do list. I'm almost hoping for cruddy weather all weekend so I can pull up the floor and start to work without feeling bad for not flying it. :)

Dale-

Yes, you are correct the ADS-B antenna is located aft of the baggage bulkhead. The antenna utilizes a F-00020 doubler plate that is mounted just forward of the F-1208 fuselage frame ?. left of center ? and a little right of the middle of the three lightening holes on the left side of the F-1208 frame.

Here is a photo of the mounting location.
DSC09171.JPG

Happy building,