BigJohn

Well Known Member
I'm pretty sure I remember someone on this forum mentioning a product that could be used on electrical connections to assure a better contact, prevent oxidation and high resistance connections, etc. I had an intermittent high resistance connection develop on one of the CHT sensors (fixed by a simple wiggle), but that got me thinking about a way to prevent such things. Anybody remember the product?

Info

Our inspector suggested Liquid electrical tape. We laughed, found it at a store, used it and many other local builders have borrowed it. Great stuff. Dries like a tough plastic coating, you can peel off.

$7 for a can with brush in lid....lasts for 10 airplanes.

I think you are referring to dielectric grease used on the contacts directly. Permatex has such a product that is commonly available in this country.

This type of grease is use commonly in applications where ther is a chance of water or dirt ingress like submarine cable connectors.

i use corrosion x on all my electrical stuff and have not had any intermittent issues since. :):)

antennas

I'm bout to rivet doublers and mount my antennas on the belly of my -8. Thoughts on a THIN coat of this stuff between the doubler and the aircraft skin prior to riveting them together forever?

Bob,

I wonder if it would interfere with the paint adhesion at the edge. Other than that I don't think there would be a downside, but I don't claim to be an expert.

Rich