flyenforfun

Well Known Member
It's almost that time for my RV-8 and I, and I am trying to sort through all of the paper work. My DAR gave me a list of forms to complete and I have a few questions on them, I figured you guys could help.

First is a dumb question but, on my 8130-6 form, am I checking off special airworthiness, experimental, amateur built?

Second question, he said I need an aircraft information data sheet. Does anyone know where I can get one of these, or is this something i make myself??

I also need a 3-view drawing? Maybe from Van's website?

I'll let you know when I come up with more questions, but this will get me started. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Just got my pink slip last week, issued through the FSDO inspector. I don't have the 8160 form in front of me, but it should be Experimental. In my case, the Data Sheet was provided by the FAA for my completion. Yep, you'll need the 3D drawings from Van's. They also wanted:
Weight and Balance (Certified Scales??)
First Flight Weight and Balance
Construction Logs (they looked at my several binders very closely)
ELT Battery Expiration

Most importantly, they (2 inspectors and a supervisor) provided a very thorough inspection-very detail oriented. This was NOT a quicky look and sign-off. Have as many eyes inspect your plane as possible before the DAR. Good luck.
Jim Diehl N891DD
Lock Haven, Pa

Web search for AC 20-27G - everything you need for the forms should be there.

For the three view - go to Van's website for your model. Save the images with the 3 view and you can use those.

For the data sheet - "wing" it. For a template - pick an aircraft you're familiar with and look up the type certificate data sheet (not to say you have to list all of that data).

Dan

Last edited: