RVG8tor

Well Known Member
I have read all the threads on EGT probe placement and most discuss distance from the exhaust flange and making sure you can get to the spark plugs. l have the Vetterman Crossover exhaust and due to the design of the slip joint at the #3 cylinder and how it immediately curves after the joint. The ideal distance from the flange is 1.5 - 2". This is fine for all the pipes, my issue is with #1.

The probe sticks out a fair bit (Dynon) so trying to find a spot on the #1 cylinder pipe is a puzzle for me. Not having the cowl on yet but wanting to get this done limits how confident I am as far as choices.

I would like inputs as to the clock position on the pipe to place the EGT probe. Access to the spark plug take out everything from 4-6 o'clock. 11-4 is possible but I don't known how the cowl will interfere in these areas. At 2" from the flange the cylinder fins get in the way in the 8-10 o'clock. Thanks for the input, I would like to get these holes drilled now before I do any cowl work if possible.

Cheers