rcarson

Well Known Member
What are you all useing to clean your canopies? I have Maguiers plexi restorer and Maguiers polish but don't know what they will do to the poly so I thought I would ask?

PRIST ACRYLIC, PLASTIC & GLASS CLEANER is my first choice, good results with PLAS-TEC ACRYLIC SHEET/PLASTIC CLEANER and PLEXUS too.

1 cent

Moving this thread to " RV Ongoing Maintenance Issues", as it covers any model, not just the 7.

I use mild soap and water to clean, sometime use Sprayway Glass cleaner (blue & white can, contains no ammonia, is safe for plexiglass), and about twice a year, I'll "wax" the canopy and windshield with Rejex acrylic polish.

wipes? not a bad idea

Mike, that's a great find! as cheap as I am, you can't always find a virgin flannel cloth to clean the windshield....and you end up using something you shouldn't! These wipes solve that problem.

takes me back to 1979, my first job at the FBO cleaning planes etc.......
I methodically cleaned the new plexi windshield on a customers Champ..... with the approved blue towels etc.
the next morning, my boss comes in and almost castrates me! the windshield has a nice free-form design scratched all over it!!! WHAT DID YOU CLEAN THAT WITH!?!??!?!? @#%#&@*$%

Once his blood pressure leveled out, he called the pilot, only to find the guy had showed up, and grabbed an old rag with metal snaps in it, and destroyed the new 'glass himself!!!
whew!

I have been using lemon pledge for the past 40 plus years with no problems. Also great at hydrating bugs on the leading, makes for an easy clean up.

I have been using lemon pledge for the past 40 plus years with no problems. Also great at hydrating bugs on the leading, makes for an easy clean up.

Same here; 30 years of Pledge on my LongEZ canopy and it looks almost like the day I first flew it in '83. Good for bugs too!