avi8tor50

Well Known Member
Was wondering if anyone could give me some feedback on the Classic Aero Sportsman seats. Thinking about leather.

spotsman seats

Got my interior from Classic Aero several weeks ago - and love it. Nice work, looks great and easy to install. Suddenly the plane looks finished!

Instead of leather, I requested "Columbia" material - a synthetic leather that you would be hard pressed to tell apart from leather. Its soft, light weight, but very durable - more durable than leather. Best part: no "conditioning" necessary. Clean it with a damp sponge.

This product may not be advertised on their web site, but it is available - ask Luke there for his opinion on it. You wont save any money over leather using Columbia, but I think its superior if you can get over "leather is the best" mental hump

regards
erich

I got the leather and the work is impeccable. Not a stitch out of place.
They seem comfortable and fit well to my sore back (nice lumbar support), but I have not flown with them yet.

Paul

I have Classic Aero Leather seats for my -8.
Very nice and look great. One problem was that they didn't do a good job finishing the tabs inside the slot that the crotch belt fits through...like they were trying to save leather or something. It's too short and is a pain every time I put them in and out.
Other than that, I'd recommend them.

I have 40 hour with them in my 9A

I have the leather and it feels great. I like these seats. The only problem that I have yet to solve is the shoulder straps route a little funny. Any time you fold the seat forward then the straps will fall down behind the seat.
I have talked to Luke about it and will fly down there (only 30 miles) and have him look at making something on the headrest to route the straps through.

Kent