ccrawford

Well Known Member
I just got my Classic Aero Aviator leather seats today, and boy do they look sharp. Maybe I'm the only one suffering from bad reading comprehension but the seats *completely* replace the seat backs you put together as part of your RV-7 kit.

Don't waste the 5 days I spent wrestling with those seat backs if you are just gonna buy Classic Aero seats!

really?

I never gave it any thought but i have really really pretty seat back i fab'd and painted nicely. You saying i wasted all that time? I cant believe that has not come up before here. I have never read a builder site where they skipped the construction of the backs due to going classic?
Hmmm. Learn something new everyday. Any chance of posting a pic of the back of the seat? What is the support made of?

thxs

Don't give up on your seat backs that you built. Not all models of seats come with a built in back. Some are just cushions from Classic.

Don't give up on your seat backs that you built. Not all models of seats come with a built in back. Some are just cushions from Classic.

As an example; mine are the Sportsman seats, which DO require the Van's seat backs. These are less money than the Aviators, but not cheap. They look great, and are in many of the interior photos that are posted.

L.Adamson -- RV6A

Ok

All right now i feel better. Here i was under the impression i had wasted precious days of my life. What do they say... money who cares you can always make more...time...much more valuable, you can never make more.

But, now i feel better. I guess i will go with cheap seats so i can use my sweet seat backs. haha.

Corey

Glad to here your view on Classic Aero's seats. I'm down to Oregon next week on business and stopping in to Classic Aero to order my CAD "Aviator" leather seat/interior package. One major benefit is, you don't have to build the seat backs, it's done for you! Includes the lumbar suports. I called Anna and asked if I could order mid April and pickup May 5th. Not likely! They're backed up to mid June delivery. No sweat, their quality name precedes them!:cool:

While buying the Aviator package saves building the seat backs, ordering the Aviator package and substituting the Sportsman seat backs saves a bunch of money. Most of the difference in cost is in the seat back. That is what I did and am very happy with everything.

Anna tells me that within the next week they will be updating the Customer Gallery. It will be much nicer than the old three-photo layout that was last updated in 2005. She sent me a link to "my" page so I could check out the info posted. I guess I'm finally gonna have decent pics of N908BL on the web!

Bob Kelly

Classic Aero Seats

I stopped by the Classic Aero shop at the Albany airport last week and ordered my seats and interior. It really helped to stop by and actually look at what they had. Luke and Anna were very helpful and good to work with. I also ordered the Sportsman seats and the Aviator sidewall interior package. Since I put so much work into the seat backs and the cost was a lot more for the other, the Sportsman seats worked for me. I borrowed some Sportsman seat backs from a friend to try and found that they were very comfortable. I think that the Aviator sidewall interior package is worth the extra money since it gives a much more finished, automotive interior look. Who would have thought that building RV seats would keep 6 people employed full-time. Another great RV success story.

Building the seatbacks is easy, so I'd say just pick Aviator over sportsman based on price/comfort preference. Both include lumbar support now. I think there's also a weight advantage on the Sportsman, but not sure. ClassicAero should probably bring both seats to the big shows for a sit-down comparison. I probably don't want to see what I'm missing. I've got the Sportsman seats, and they are beautiful and comfortable.

Anna and CAD provide excellent service, and they will help you if you need ANY customization. I have a smoke tank in the baggage compartment of my -7, and they sent me carpet in advance to help shape around the tank, which I trimmed and sent back for final border application. (If you're interested in smoke, check out my -7 smokingairplanes.com installation, http://donka.net/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=rv7smokesystem )