prkaye

Well Known Member
I've seen lots of photos of classic aero interiors, but all in leather. They look amazing, but I'd really like to see a photo of one done in their cloth (Sedona). Does anybody have a photo of a cloth classic aero interior?

Call them

Phil, they'll send you samples of the fabric and colors you are interested in. Then you can see it, feel it, sniff it, whatever to your heart's content. They also have a few pictures on their website, IIRC.

That's what I did (except for the sniffing part.) OK, who am I kidding, I did sniff it.

Yeah, I did get the samples. What I was having a hard time visualizing is how that sedona cloth would look on an upholstered cusion. It's sort of a bit stretchy, so I wasn't sure if it would have a nice tight look to it, or if it would appear looser, sloppier than the leather.
Anna from Classic Aero did send me a photo today though, and the cloth seats do look quite nice.

Next week I pick up my Finish kit from Vans and I'm also hoping to swing down to Albany to visit Classic Aero. If I make it there, I'll take some pix and PIREP it for ya'.

Mine are vinyl and cloth

I got mine when they offered vinyl and cloth. I just looked at their site and I don't see vinyl or the cloth that I have. I'm sure they would still offer it.

PB061639sm.JPG"

PB061641sm.JPG"

Last edited:
I've got the same vinyl and cloth that BHESTER has and I really like it. The cloth keeps you from sweating and the vinyl looks, feels and smells like leather but much more durable. First class interiors all the way. Don

resurrecting an old thread..

Our seats are Classic Aero cloth and we absolutely love them. Surely there are a bunch of photos of them somewhere on my build log.

Update: Yep, searched my build log for "seats" and got lots of good pictures http://rv9a.card-net.org/archives/2006/11/22/got-seats/

Scott, do you still feel that way? It appears that leather is way more popular than cloth, but here in sunny Davis, CA, we regularly experience 100+ degree days in the summer. I hate sticky. Lighter and less expensive is a bonus.

I have flown my leatherete/cloth insert combo for 3 years and really like them. With the cloth inserts they are not sweaty on a hot day and not cold and clammy on a cold day. You cannot tell that it is not leather and it even smells like leather. Much more durable. Don

Scott, do you still feel that way? It appears that leather is way more popular than cloth, but here in sunny Davis, CA, we regularly experience 100+ degree days in the summer. I hate sticky. Lighter and less expensive is a bonus.

Sure do! We still like our cloth. I don't think twice about stepping on them every time, and they still look great. Tanya absolutely won't have leather in an airplane or a car. Something about short shorts in 100+ deg heat :). You won't find me complaining.

Sure do! We still like our cloth. I don't think twice about stepping on them every time, and they still look great. Tanya absolutely won't have leather in an airplane or a car. Something about short shorts in 100+ deg heat :). You won't find me complaining.

We have leather in the car, leather in the truck, and leather in the plane. All are light grey. We also get those high temps in mid-summer. I have never noticed "hot seats" in any one of these. I just asked my wife, and she mentioned that boat seats have gotten awful hot with shorts. They most likely were not real leather though... :)

L.Adamson --- RV6A, Classic Aero leather

Thanks for the reply, Scott. Thus confirming what I expected. Cloth it is. Sitting here with samples from CAD on my desk as I type this. Planning to order next week. Short shorts are a nice problem to have. BTDT :)