No Regrets

So far, I've purchased carpeting, interior panels and seat upholstery (over Vans foam) from Classic. Quality has been excellent in every case. As far as the CA-1 seats, my take would be that the biggest noticible difference would be the lack of "memory" foam. If you plan on doing a lot of long distance x-country, the confor foam is a plus. On the other hand, anyone flying 10 or more years ago had little choice other than urethane or conventional foam - and I really can't recall a lot of discomfort. When I'm ready to replace my existing seats, I'm probably going to go with the CA-1s as well, but with leather rather than cloth covers. Good luck.
Terry, CFI
RV9A N323TP

I ordered the CA-1 seat for my RV-6A. I won't have them until September, but Classic Aero happily added a 1/2" layer of confer-foam in place of the regular foam for me for very little additional cost. If you wait until September, I will write a first impression review...haha

Add FYI: the CA-1 seats are thinner than the other seats. They are great for tall people. If you don't need the extra space, I would go with the thicker sportsman seats rather than adding a wedge under the CA-1. Once you buy the CA-1, wedge (if required) and add a few $ for the memory foam you aren't saving that much over the sportsman (assuming you don't need the wedge for that seat).

Last edited: