RVG8tor

Well Known Member
I need to secure some wires near the floor so they don't interfere with the aileron push rod. A convenient spot for and Adel clamp is off one of the 4 posts that hold the VHF antenna in place.

Anyone think this would be a bad practice, I can rivet a tab to the floor to act as a standoff but with the stud from the antenna right there I thought way not use it?

Thanks for any advice. The wiring keeps throwing me hurdles, you get so far then have to stop to make some type of device to secure the wires then move on until the next puzzle comes up. Sheesh!

Zip tie bases

are what I'm planning on using.

There are plenty of threads about their use here.

I'm completely buried in the wiring phase right now and have been looking at different ways to secure the wires where there is nothing but fuselage skin.

The little square plastic bases have holes to run a wire tie.

I'm planning on removing the sticky back adhesive and using Goop to hold them on. Doesn't involve drilling additional holes in the skin.

Others have done this with success.

Try these.....

I've used the Click-Bond cable tie mounts in a number of places in the fuselage with great success.

I have to install some more spiral wrap or a plastic grommet on the doubler before it's finished.

You can get them from The Flight Shop: http://www.theflightshop.com/Cataspx28.html

Order CB200 Structural Adhesive to install them. Great stuff.

Last edited:
I think half of the question is, "what type of wires."

Sensors, other antennas, etc.....

Phil

Cool stuff

I have seen the clickbond stuff, but wow 1.25 per tie anchor! I have done this with the regular zip-tie anchors using RTV, it works great. I pull the adhesive that comes on them and scuff and RTV, I have tried to pull them off but the plastic part fails before the RTV will come loose, of course I have done not long term tests, so this will be an area of inspection each year.

Cheers