Kevin Horton

Well Known Member
I'm looking for a good description of how to find Chuck Swain's beer coffin at Oshkosh. My wife and I want to visit his attraction next week. We've sampled a bunch of Ontario craft beers, and eventually settled on one to add to his collection.

If it's the place I'm thinking of, It's in Camp Scholler. Find where Larry's one man band is, or display hangar B..then exit the gate directly across from him. Enter Camp Scholler and turn right. Go for 2-3 blocks and there you are. It's in the West part of the heavily treed area called Paul's Park...which is not that big. You'll find it. Look for the happy people.

Last edited:
Be forewarned- there is a rumor going around Camp Scholler that Chuck and the beer coffin may not be here his year due to health reasons. I camp in Pauls Woods and I have not seen the coffin or Chuck yet. I will keep my eyes peeled and report back with any sightings.

Hey Kevin, our 7:00 AM departure ( Airventure)is on hold due to fog here. Can you believe that!! Are you flying out?
Ron

If it's the place I'm thinking of, It's in Camp Scholler. Find where Larry's one man band is, or display hangar B..then exit the gate directly across from him. Enter Camp Scholler and turn right. Go for 2-3 blocks and there you are. It's in the West part of the heavily treed area called Paul's Park...which is not that big. You'll find it. Look for the happy people.
Thanks for the detailed directions. That should get us pointed in the right direction, if Chuck makes it this year. If not, I'm sure we can find someone to drink the beer with.

If you can't find anyone else to drink beer with Kevin, I'll join you for a spotted cow or two.

Since I don't have a pax, I was thinking of filling my back seat with assorted IPA's (Dogfishhead 90), and light beer! Look for the identically colored RV8's in Homebuilt camping. Scott Hersha's Fastback and Mutha's Phoenix. We'll get in Sunday afternoon. Don't forget a Sharpie!:D