johnfurey

Well Known Member
I am familiar with all the advise on methods to lower CHT. My question is this. After you are done with your improvements are you better leaving each Cyl as low as possible and having a wider spread or raising the lower ones to achieve minimal difference between them?

Ideally you want them as low as possible, and a difference might be even 30-40dF and be acceptable.

However if you have a bunch that are grouped together and one that is 70 higher?.well that needs looking into.

A typical good RV setup when run ROP will be around 350-370 and when LOP 300-330. This can be a bit less in good conditions and maybe a bit worse in hot conditions.

By using a 1" piece of aluminum tape on #1 and 5/8" on #2 I run ROP in the 330-360 range with a spread of 10 degrees and LOP in the 290-310 range with a spread of 10 degrees also. If I take the tape off the two front would drop but I didn't know if I should do that or keep the tight spread?

If I take the tape off the two front would drop but I didn't know if I should do that or keep the tight spread?

It might happen??but it might not. Not everything you think will happen actually does. You should try a test. :)

Thanks Oz. Actually I did try it and they dropped so that is why I was trying to find out if I should go with lower temps on those or evenly balanced temps on all.