yankee-flyer

Well Known Member
During cruise today at 5500 MSL the right CHT started fluctuating. It's always been within 5 deg of the left, but it would drop about 15-20 deg and then return within 15-20 seconds. Repeated this every minute or so for more than 5 minutes. No change in engine sound, no change in RPM, no change in airspeed. Closing off cabin heat made no difference. When we descended to 3500 the right CHT stabilized where it's always been and stayed there until landing.

Thoughts???? Sensor?? Dynon???

Wayne 120241/143WM

Hey Wayne - -

I had the same problem a few weeks ago. It just cycled up and down say 5 degrees, but rather fast ( like the oil pressure has been doing ). I removed the wire and checked it, and put it back on. Did it some more. I called LEAF, and they said to switch the senders and see what happened. I did that, and surprise, now they stay the same UNTIL up to full temps, then the right side drops down about 5 degrees, but stays there, stable. I GIVE UP. It doesn't jump around now anyway.

John Bender

Don't think so--

Oil pressure and temp stayed fine. I'm wondering about the Dynon. The last 2 flights when the oil temp reaches 122 the display changes as usual, but the first 2/3 of the normal range bar is blank, not green. Temp display is fine. After several minutes, the green arc will fill completely is as usual. That's gotta be in the Dynon.

Wayne 120241

Connector

Mine was fluctuating a lot also. I found the push on clip that connects to the sender loose. I replace it about 20 hours ago and no problem now. The left temperature is consistently about 5 deg. higher than the right though.

Gary
N413EH / 38 Hours