speyers

Well Known Member
I've been using replacement EGT and CHT (bayonet type) from Electronics International as I have their 6 point CHT/EGT installed. It seems like I am changing a probe every 50-75 hours! Granted, I know I have 12 probes floating around up front but still! Anyone have better luck with other compatible probes from a different vendor?

EI probes have been like that for a couple decades. It's why I pushed all my customers away from them. Nice people, nice service, lame probes. Try anything else.

anything else?

Anything else? Like what brands do you recommend that are compatible? Are they all the same? I never knew these probes were plug-and-play from one manufacture to another. Is this true?

try grand rapids

Anything else? Like what brands do you recommend that are compatible? Are they all the same? I never knew these probes were plug-and-play from one manufacture to another. Is this true?

I've had a set of their probes in my '9A for 500 hours now. NO failures.

They're just thermocouples, shouldn't be any compatibility issues. Not sure if the EI uses a grounded thermocouple or not though.

I burned up the Dynon-supplied EGT probes on my engine. KS Avionics sells long life probes that seem to be holding up much better in my plane.