N941WR

Legacy Member
Where is the best place to run the CHT and EGT wires and how should they be secured?

I have seen people run them with the sparkplug wires but have been told by one of our Tech Counselors not to?

Can these be Adel clamped to the oil return lines or intake pipes under the cylinder?

Pictures would be great.

Thanks for the help.

Make a mount from hinge pins

I cut four rectangles of .063, 3/4" wide and a couple of inches long with a hole at each end. One end is attached using the bottom valve cover screw, under the existing adel clamp that holds the spark plug wires. Use the hole at the other end to attach a 1/8" adel clamp. Use that adel clamp to hold a piece of some of that discarded 1/8" soft hinge pin material that you removed from the cowl hinges.

When you're done, you'll have two long stiff wire mounts hanging below the spark plug wires on each side of the engine. You can use nylon spiral wrap to attach all your engine instrumentation wires to it. Be sure to use nylon spiral wrap, or it will melt. For added heat protection, automotive heater hose works great. Just split it down the middle and attach it with tie wraps.

millivolts vs. kilovolts - and hoses...

Walter Atkinson said:
That Tech Couselor is right.

Definitely... It's bad practice to tie wires that are connected to millivolt sources to wires that have kilovolt pulses in them.... :)

I tie wrapped mine in the Tiger (same O-360 pipes) to the intake tubes, and used a split length of radiator hose around the pipe for protection. Just go to your local Pep Boys and ask to look at their radiator hose collection - pick a large diameter one with the same radius as your intake pipes.... they'll think you are nuts selecting radiator hose like that, but should accommodate you... :)

gil in Tucson

Pictures

I'm at this point of having to deal with these wires as well. Would love to see some pictures of the proper ways of doing this.

Thanks