• bluetooth GPS (Dual) for my ipad
  • script to Foreflight
  • new sunglass - depending on your taste
  • used POV HD camera
  • tow bar from wicks

I'll be checking the list of suggested items here frequently as I have no idea what to ask for since my repeated request for a jear let (Lear Jet) has fallen on deaf ears.

Are there things less than $100 out there? :eek:

Seems every time I buy something for my RV, it takes at least 3 digits.;)

Black Friday?

I hope this doesn't veer the topic too much, but I think they are in the same line.

Does anyone know of any great Black Friday deals? In years past I have focused on Best Buy, Fry's Electronics etc. But now that I have an RV it is plane, plane, plane and more plane!!!!!!

Come on you old salts, where do the Newbies go after Thanksgiving?

Dan

Does anyone know of any great Black Friday deals?

You mentioned Best Buy and Fry's. While they have great deals, and I have been lured to them as well, consider spending more and shopping at a locally owned business this year. You may end up with less stuff, but the customer service and the product quality will be worth it.

I was just putting together a gift page for our website so if anyone has suggestions from us let me know either here or directly at mike.toolman(at)gmail.com.

One thing on the list will be the stainless tie down ring.
http://www.cleavelandtoolstore.com/prodinfo.asp?number=RVTR4

rvtr4-large.jpg

You mentioned Best Buy and Fry's. While they have great deals, and I have been lured to them as well, consider spending more and shopping at a locally owned business this year. You may end up with less stuff, but the customer service and the product quality will be worth it.

I was just putting together a gift page for our website so if anyone has suggestions from us let me know either here or directly at mike.toolman(at)gmail.com.

One thing on the list will be the stainless tie down ring.
http://www.cleavelandtoolstore.com/prodinfo.asp?number=RVTR4

rvtr4-large.jpg

Just out of curiosity, what are the advantages of these tie-downs vs. what vans sells?

Is it just looks or any other tangible advantage.

Reason I am asking is that I already have the Vans tie-downs and take them off while flying so looks is not of an importance to me if that is the only difference.

Thanks in advance

Just out of curiosity, what are the advantages of these tie-downs vs. what vans sells?

Reason I am asking is that I already have the Vans tie-downs and take them off while flying so looks is not of an importance to me if that is the only difference.

Thanks in advance

So, I leave the tail tie-down on the airplane all the time and only rarely take the wing tie-downs off. My flight to work is only about 15 minutes and I tie the airplane down on the ramp when i'm there. I have, just once, had the tail tie-down contact the runway on take-off. I'm concerned that with a lower-profile ring, the fiberglass on the rudder would hit the ground. Anyone tested this? Other than that, I like these.

I have a set I'd be happy to give away - most tie down ropes with any fray will not easily go through the holes. I put the stock rings back in.

If you want them send me your address.

They are just cool! ;)

The fellow RV builder John Rice designed them because he didn't like the idea of a beautiful sleek airplane with a farm implement in the tail. I am guessing that they are just slightly more draggy than the standard oriented into the wind, but have not tested this. We have tested the strength to failure and been happy with the results. I will be interested to know how the tail dragging clearance results come back.

For those of you tail dragger pilots looking for a gift for your -A type friends I suggest a combination of products that we sell... :rolleyes:
tailwheel.jpg