eison

I am slowly getting closer to needing to evict my RV10 from my garage and move it to the airport to finish assembly and complete the flyoff. I am a few months out, but I need to start the process of locating someone with some space for me to squeeze into.

I have tried contacting the airport and FBO's and have struggled to gain much traction in my search. I am hoping someone can help me with a lead.

Otherwise, I guess I can try and get my cul de sac classified as an airport.....

Eric

Have you tried to contact the Corona Airport? I put my name on the KCNO and have not heard anything for almost 2 years. KRAL has a decent wait time but it doesn't allow for non-flyable airplane.

Have you tried to contact the Corona Airport? I put my name on the KCNO and have not heard anything for almost 2 years. KRAL has a decent wait time but it doesn't allow for non-flyable airplane.
I have not tried Corona yet.

I should have specified. I am looking to sublet the space while I do assembly and fly off. Not a long term hanger situation. I will move the 10 back to SNA or Fullerton once it is fully operational.

Phat, me and several others assembled and tested our RV’s at Corona. It’s a mile away from Aircraft Spruce and Mcfadden Dale hardware, the best hardware store I have ever seen. There is a master class builder there to help. It is also one of the few airports you will able to get a phase 1 approval for. If you want a hanger in So Cal you have to be proactive and you have to be ready to take it when it comes available. Sometimes it’s a month and sometimes six months or more. You basically have to be there when one opens up. If you don’t answer the phone they go to the next person on the list. Don’t underestimate how long it will take to get it flying and tested. Mine was ready for paint when I moved it to the airport and it took six months before it flew working 6 days a week ( including paint at Corona Airpaint) and another six months to complete phase 1. The chances of finding a hanger you can share must be pretty small. I’ve never seen a hanger in SoCal that had room for another plane.
Good luck!
Mike

Last edited: