burgundyja

Well Known Member
How old do you think a child should be to sit in the back of a 8. One age with the stick one without.

Kids

Without stick - Maybe 3 or so. Where is he going to go?

With stick - 46 ........................cool, thats my age :)

I have flown with alot of kids over the years, including my own. One thing I learned is that they need to sit high enough to see out. It helps prevent motion sickness.

Our son got his first ride when he was 12 weeks hold. He was strapped in to my wife with a "Snuggy". Once he could hold his head up I used a child seat.

The biggest issues is hearing protection. That and sun glasses.

Pelter makes some child sized ear muffs that seem to work great. They will try to pull them off and once they realize how loud it is, they will leave them on. At least that is my experience.

How old do you think a child should be to sit in the back of a 8. One age with the stick one without.

Mine had just turned 4. I removed the stick, and was able to use his car seat and another cushion to boost him up high enough to see over the canopy skirt. We had also "practiced" wearing a headset so he was comfortable with that. He was laughing out loud during the takeoff roll - quite an experience!

Kids in 8

My boys were 3 when I started flying with them in the 8a. Child seat on a booster cushion with no stick and headphones on. I would fly for 15-20 minutes until they would fall asleep, land and swap one for the other with Mom on the ground. They love flying to this day although the 172 doesn't do as much for me as the 8a did...

David Rowbotham
N712CR - Sold 450 hrs

I took my 2 1/2 year old in my -4 all the time. I would bring his chair that he watched tv in and strap him into that. Sat him up high enough to see out, which is the biggest issue in my opinion. They get bored really fast if you don't. We would keep the flights to less than 30 minutes. He fell asleep a lot, but boy we had a great time flying around to different airports, grabbing a soda and just hanging out. Great memories. He can't wait for me to finish my -8, but he's still way more into being a cowboy than a pilot. JUST DINT FORGET THE BATHROOM BREAK BEFORE YOU GO!!