prkaye

Well Known Member
Anybody know of a good ANR headset for children? The child headsets I see at Spruce all appear to be PNR.

Bose X... my son wouldn't wear anything else. Stuff that Spruce sells is not just PNR but it's not very comfortable either..

Agreed on trying an adult headset. My kid has a huge head, but even at 9 months, a regular headset fits pretty well. Here's a picture from last weekend.

cooper-headset2.jpg

We have to be careful that him leaning on it doesn't create a gap near the top of his ear (very close in this picture). I'm going to try the Bose next.

-Rob

thanks guys! I'll try my Headset X ANR headset (like a DC with the Headsets Inc ANR tech built in) on my daughter and see how it fits. She turns 4 this month, and this will be the summer she gets her first small plane (RV) ride! She's excited. So am i.

Bose QC15 with a UFlyMike

My daughter is 3, and what fits her really well is a Bose QC15 noise cancelling headset with a UFlyMike http://uflymike.com/

Nice that I use the headset ~30 hours per week sitting at my desk in a noisy office environment, and then she can use them when we go flying.

QC2 On Kota

Just took grandson Kota up for his first ride last weekend. :D I used the Bose QC2's with the U fly mike as well. Kota did OK with them. They fit fairly well and stayed on his head.

I had tried these once in the RV myself, but the noise attenuation wasn't all that great. Trying to talk on the radio was scratchy at best. Between just the two of us though they seemed to work good. Seeing how is isn't talking on the radio yet... we should be good for a little while. :cool:

20130303105656.jpg

Regards,