rdamazio

Well Known Member
Hi all.

I'm going to add a fuel return line bracket to my tanks, in case I decide to go the FADEC way later. The plan is to use a VA-141 bracket (just like from the fuel pickup) and rivet it from the outside of the tank.
Since the tank is already closed up (except for the fuel sender) and I'd like not to open up a big "inspection" hole just to buck and seal the inside of the rivets, I've decided to use cherrymax (CR3213) rivets. I'll definitely seal them properly on the outside (factory head) and will seal the bracket itself as well, so I don't expect leaks, but the sealant on the inside (shop head) will be imperfect at best.

The question then is: do I have to worry about any of the materials from the rivet reacting with the fuel? The rivet's sleeve is 5056 aluminum with MIL-DTL-5541 finish and the locking collar is A-286 CRES with AMS 2700 passivation finish.

Thanks!

Cherrymax is a bit of overkill for an antirotation bracket, but they'd be fine with the fuel.

A couple of the closed end rivets (AD-4X from Van's) would be great, if you have any on hand.