Scary

Wow, that is scary. The article is spot on. When I was a kid, my boss's wife mixed up some stuff in the back yard to that should not have been mixed. I'm not sure they ever figured out what. It slowly ate all her skin until she died a few weeks later. She was only in her 30s and in perfect health.

All it took was one puff....

That article should be required reading. When I look back at the chemicals folks used to use to use to clean generators and carbs..... with their bare hands.... no gloves or respirators... doors shut cause it was cold outside..... I can't believe they're still vertical.

Barry
Tucson

THANK YOU!

Thanks for that warning Colin. I use those products and will be much more careful now.
Thanks again!

I've made quite a few mistakes over the years when it comes to chemical exposure and safety. I will be quite lucky to make it through life without some sort of consequence. As a result, I am trying to be smarter and avoid harsh chemicals whenever possible and use correct protection if chem use is required. For example, I have been using alcohol for surface cleaning rather than MEK or Acetone. Alcohol might not work as well, but I would rather be alive to see the paint come off my plane than in the hospital with a perfect paint job on a plane I can't fly...