txaviator

Well Known Member
I have yet to apply power to my Skyview, nor have I fully studied/ absorbed the huge paper manual that came with it. But I'm wondering- is there an electronic checklist within the Skyview?

I've been flying a Cessna Skycatcher which is the only non-tail wheel LSA I've found in my area. It's got a proprietary Garmin avionics package that has the electronic checklist built in, and even helps you calculate weight and balance. It's kind of nice to have, but I also still like a hard copy I can carry around outside the plane doing a preflight. Just wondering if the Skyview has something built in?

There's been a thread on this over on the Dynon Forum. It's surprising because the D-180 has a checklist capability and the Skyview, with a bigger screen, does not. It could also be event specific - e.g. High Oil Temp - and the appropriate Checklist pops up.

Bottom Line: Dynon has it on their list but consider it a very low priority - don't expect one any time soon. They say most everyone has some sort of tablet and can keep it on there. I say, my tablet is bolted to the dashboard and is called Skyview - I don't need or want another piece of gear floating around what is already a space-challenged cockpit.

I created my own, using the POH checklist as a jumping off point and hard plasticized it. Works well, and just like some of the bigger airplane Checklists I'm used to.

Bob Bogash
N737G

Dump the paper manual. Download the latest ones from Dynon in PDF. Lots of new features covered in the manuals, new menus, etc.