Rick6a

Well Known Member
Just a heads up regarding -8 finish kit hardware delivered recently and this may or may not apply to your situation. Yesterday, I was going to attach the engine mount onto the firewall. Dwg. 49 indicates using four AN6-24 bolts and associated hardware. I could NOT find those bolts anywhere and I'm usually pretty good at ferreting out obscurely packaged parts. :mad:

Frustrated, I called Van's. I was told the bolts are included in hardware bag 851. I told them my 4 page finish kit hardware bag list is dated July 7, 2006 and does not include a bag 851. After checking and rechecking, it was eventually discovered that for some reason, bag 851 was not included nor listed in my finish kit documentation. :eek:

The explaination I received was way over my head because it was related to computers and their application as a tool in modern inventory techniques. :rolleyes:

In any event, Van's assured me bag 851 bag will soon be on its way. :)

One page of the hardware bag list is for an 8 and 1 page is for the 8A. Did you get the 8A hardware by mistake? Or did they just forget a bag. BTW, I did receive that bag. My list is dated: May 22, 2007