woodmanrog

Well Known Member
If you have a Matco nose wheel on your "10", be sure to check for wheel play frequently. We found an excessive amount of looseness when the wheel was off of the ground and moved by hand. This has been bourne out on two tens that we know of. We changed to a Cleveland wheel to cure the problem. I don't know if Van is aware of this, but for your safety check it out.

Woodman

Cleveland part number

What was the number of the Cleveland wheel you used for replacement?

Any issues with valve stem clearance?

woodmanrog said:
If you have a Matco nose wheel on your "10", be sure to check for wheel play frequently. We found an excessive amount of looseness when the wheel was off of the ground and moved by hand. This has been bourne out on two tens that we know of. We changed to a Cleveland wheel to cure the problem. I don't know if Van is aware of this, but for your safety check it out.

Woodman
What exactly is the problem here? Is this an installation issue or do you think there is a design issue with the Matco wheel?

w1curtis said:
What exactly is the problem here? Is this an installation issue or do you think there is a design issue with the Matco wheel?

Scroll down about 4 threads, I have a post that shows it pretty well, as well as a --------probably one of many-----------fix.

Main problem appears to be the Matco bearing/seal setup, doesnt provide very much flat area for the spacer contact. And what little area there is, is covered in rubber.

Mike