Lycosaurus

Well Known Member
I've been having some issues with the Trutrak T&B whereby it sometimes oscillates wildly, and the unit display (behind the glass) is showing some signs of scraping.

Called the company and found out that this unit only carries a 1 year warranty (unlike the 3 yr warranty for their other products). I should have paid closer attention to this, as it will cost me $95 plus shipping costs, since I did not report this problem from the get-go.

The tip I'm forwarding here is:
  • Order your avionics as late as possible. You may want to order trays, connectors, wiring harnesses etc so you can prepare for the install.
  • Check the warranty on each item.
  • Report a problem to the manufacturer as soon as you discover it.

Credit Card Purchase - Intrinsic Extended Warranty

I had bought the T&B from Steinair, and paid with a Visa credit card about 20 months ago. Trutrak offers a 1 year warranty on this product.

I have a Gold Elite VISA card, which entitles you to extended warranty privileges. This can add 1 year to your manufacturer's warrant (or so I thought).

I contacted Visa and faxed over all the requested information. The credit card insurance adjuster (Elite) promptly responded today with the following:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
RE: Your claim no.: TDG2-xxx
Item: Pictorial Turn & Bank Ind.
Date of loss: March 19, 2010

Dear Mr. xxxxx,

We are writing in regards to your claim under the TD VISA Extended Protection Plan.

According to the information provided the item purchased is a part for an aircraft. As stated in the insurance certificate, “Extended Protection: In addition to any exclusions which may be set out in the Manufacturer’s Warranty, this certificate does not cover: (ii) automobiles, motor boats, aircraft, motorcycles, motor scooters and other motorized vehicles and parts and accessories thereof;

Since the item is not an eligible product we are unable to offer any coverage for your reported defect.

If you have any questions, please contact me at 1-800-661-5257, during the hours of 7:30 am and 3:30 pm PST, Monday to Friday.

Sincerely,

ELITE INSURANCE COMPANY
----------------------------------------------------------------
If it weren't for the fine print ..... :-(

Doug, no extended warranty for your pink motor scooter either, or the parts you purchase for it.

Last edited: