danielhv

Well Known Member
May need to move this thread as Im on a blackberry and couldnt find the right place to post...

I just found the cheapest alodine and alimiprep prices yet! (only been looking for a few days so I may be speaking too soon)

1 gal Alodine 1201 for $22.93/gal

1 gal Alumiprep 33 for $21.57/gal

And best of all, the company is local to the Dallas area, I'm going to pick it all up in an hour!!! :D :D

Daniel,
Look for Alodine or Iridite in powder form. It's usually sold in 10 pound increments for about $170. Each pound of powder makes 10 gallons of liquid. That means you will pay less than $2 per gallon.
I get my Iridite 14-2 from Allied Plating Supply in Hialeah, Florida. (The nearest Alodine distributer is in Georgia, 400+ miles away. Contact both the Hienkel Corporation (Alodine) and MacDirmid (Iridite) and ask who is your nearest distributer.
Generally speaking, 10 pounds is enough for about 3 RVs, so you might want to split the purchase with 2 other local builders.
Charlie Kuss

Last edited:
Aviall is big....but they can support folks that are small! years ago, I lost on alternator on my "heavily STC'ed" Yankee, on a Friday, with a long cross-country planned for the weekend. I ran up to Hobby, Fletcher Aviation, to see if they had one - it was a weird engine/airframe combo, and the alternator was a bit out of family. About 3:00 pm, we discovered they didn't have one, but they called Aviall. In ten minutes, Aviall said they had what I needed in Dallas, and that they had already sent someone across the field with it to put it on the next SWA jet to Houston, just in case I decided I wanted it. In about an hour, the plane landed at Hobby, and I had the alternator and was on my way back to my field to install it by 5:00 pm. The charge for the special service? The regular price of the alternator.....:)

Paul

Aviall is big....but they can support folks that are small! years ago, I lost on alternator on my "heavily STC'ed" Yankee, on a Friday, with a long cross-country planned for the weekend. I ran up to Hobby, Fletcher Aviation, to see if they had one - it was a weird engine/airframe combo, and the alternator was a bit out of family. About 3:00 pm, we discovered they didn't have one, but they called Aviall. In ten minutes, Aviall said they had what I needed in Dallas, and that they had already sent someone across the field with it to put it on the next SWA jet to Houston, just in case I decided I wanted it. In about an hour, the plane landed at Hobby, and I had the alternator and was on my way back to my field to install it by 5:00 pm. The charge for the special service? The regular price of the alternator.....:)

Paul

Aviall is a weird company. We deal with them at my work. Some things are just ungodly expensive (nutplates?) and some are really cheap (5606). I really like having them close by, but still prefer spruce for most things.