Dad's RV-10

Well Known Member
Did you guys know that you could ship packages on Greyhound? A friend just had a fiberglass RC jet shipped from Arizona to Louisville for $23! The box (although not very heavy) was huge at 5? by 2.5? x 1.5?. It was shipped Friday and arrived Tuesday.

The only down side is you have to pick it up at the bus station. I?ve seen several classifieds about selling or trading cowlings?this could be a good option for doing so (among other things)

Some of you might already be aware of this; I had no idea you could ship via Greyhound (and for so little), so I thought I?d mention it.

Brad

Brad,

Great idea that I had heard a long time ago but forgot. But, don't you get free shipping?:)

Take care,

Jim

Air UPSer said:
Did you guys know that you could ship packages on Greyhound? A friend just had a fiberglass RC jet shipped from Arizona to Louisville for $23! The box (although not very heavy) was huge at 5? by 2.5? x 1.5?. It was shipped Friday and arrived Tuesday.

The only down side is you have to pick it up at the bus station. I?ve seen several classifieds about selling or trading cowlings?this could be a good option for doing so (among other things)

Some of you might already be aware of this; I had no idea you could ship via Greyhound (and for so little), so I thought I?d mention it.

Brad

jimrobinette said:
Brad,

Great idea that I had heard a long time ago but forgot. But, don't you get free shipping?:)

Take care,

Jim
Jim,

Believe it or not, we don't pay one cent less than you! Bummer!

When I was with my previous carrier, we got a 75% discount at FedEx!

Brad

Paying yourself

That's kind of like military personel having to pay income tax. :eek:

Marshall Alexander

Experience

I have quite a bit of experience shipping items in my day job as we have occassion to move stuff from the larger cities into remote areas on a short notice basis.

I agree that Greyhound is reasonably priced and can be a good value if it gets there which is not always the case. I recommend that if it absolutely positively has to be there overnight that you stick with FedEx or DHL. We have shipped numerous items by Greyhound expecting the item to be there same day or next and only to find that it got bumped or missed a connection or never got loaded on the bus or never got unloaded or had been unloaded and was locked in some closet and the only person with the key won't be back until tomorrow.

So yes if you are not running up against a serious time schedule and you can afford to wait a day or two beyond what you are quoted, then Greyhound can be a good value.

Tom Maxwell said:
I recommend that if it absolutely positively has to be there overnight that you stick with FedEx or DHL.
C'mon Tom. I gotta make a living.

UPS does a pretty good job at next-day delivery too! ;)

But you are correct...I believe Greyhound ships "space available." So don't use this option if the shipment is time critical. I should have mentioned that.

Brad

N941WR said:
Brad,

Check out this thread.
I know?we?ve all had similar experiences, including myself. UPS is a huge company?they handle more than 14 million packages per day. A small percent get damaged.

I?ve also received damaged packages from the USPS and FedEx. It?s unfortunate that people have had difficulty receiving compensation from UPS.

The only thing I can suggest is make sure UPS knows you are dissatisfied.

Brad

I feel that with any delivery service, the sender has the most muscle
since the delivery service wants the sender's future business.

My prop was damaged by UPS. I called Sensenich and they said to
leave it outside for return pickup. No questions about packing, etc.
My second prop arrived about a week later by FedEX Ground.

I rarely talk to the delivery services directly, but call the people
who sent the item. Less stress and better results.
Tom Webster