dan

Well Known Member
Here are a few "cheap" fuel stops...hope this helps folks on the way to OSH or something.

KSJN (Saint John Industrial, AZ) $3.30 Pump service when attended.

2O8 (Hinton, OK) $3.10 Self-serve credit card. Lobby was locked and nobody was around (oh well), but the price was right!

4I7 (Greencastle, IN) $3.47 This is Dixie Choppers Business Center, which has a hotel right there in the FBO. $50/night for the hotel. Restaurant and lounge in the FBO. Nice rooms with wired & wireless internet. They put my -7 in the corporate hangar for free!

Post the cheap deals you know of and help everybody else out...

KC09 Morris IL ... 45 mins (in a RV) from KOSH.

$3.80 a gallon ... cheapest in the Chicago area.

KBUU. Just outside of Milwaukee, 30 minutes by RV from Oshkosh. Went up to $3.75 during this last round of price increases.

74D - Moundsville, WV - Marshall County Airport
$3.40 self serve, 24 hours, credit card machine
The airport manager built an RV-4 (sold to somebody in CA). Nice guy. Computer in the office can be used to get wx.

Rushford (55Y) is a great enroute stop to OSH. The airport manager is friendly and helpful. The pilot's lounge is a house with two full bedrooms and bathrooms that pilots are encouraged to use. There is an honor bar in the kitchen with frozen food in the freezer, cold drinks in the fridge, and a microwave on the counter. What more could growing boys and girls want?

Price is currently listed at $3.98 but there is an OSH discount. Or at least there was last year. Mike Thern will take good care of you!

If you are flying over the top of lake Michigan, stop in at Marinette/Menominee Twin County Airport (KMNM) in Menonimee Michigan. Fuel costs $3.80, and we are 80NM as the crow flies from OSH. Nice spot to freshen up before the push to OSH.

Regards,

fuel prices

My first stop is KDHT (Dalhart TX). Last week fuel was $3.15. It was updated today to $3.65. Second stop is HNR (Harlan, IA) $3.65 also.

Not too bad. Weather looking good.