rv7charlie

Well Known Member
Anyone have a source for tubing bend allowance charts? I can't seem to find one in any of my maintenance manuals.

Thanks,

Charlie

AC 43.13-1B

I find the info in my copy page 9-19, Table 9-2 Tube date.

If anyone doesn't already have a copy, I would encourage they get one. It has most of the answers.;)

Last edited:
I've got the book; it's good advice to have one on hand. However, I'm looking for a chart with bend allowance, or 'setback' that shows how far away from the finished outside dimension to start a bend using a 'standard' tubing bender. Similar to the cheat sheets electricians use to bend EMT to fit within a given space. Those charts ignore bend radius because the bender sets that. They just tell you how far back from the finished dimension to start your bend, to end up in the right place. I'm probably overthinking it; I suppose I could come close enough by just measuring my bender's dimension & adding 1/2 the thickness of the tubing.

Thanks,

Charlie

Take a scrap piece of tubing and mark it in 1/8" tics for about 2". Then set it in your bender on a start mark and bend it the way you want. The marks will tell you what you need between the start of the bend and the end of the bend no mater how much it is bent.