bpattonsoa

Well Known Member
When I finished all my aircraft, they were registered in my name. Now, for legal reasons, I need to change the registration with the FAA to a Joint registration with my wife. Since we share resources, they are 50% hers in fact.

I cannot find a simple answer on how to get this done. Any help appreciated.

When I finished all my aircraft, they were registered in my name. Now, for legal reasons, I need to change the registration with the FAA to a Joint registration with my wife. Since we share resources, they are 50% hers in fact.

Once I finish my aircraft, it will likely be owned by a joint trust. That could be the way to go in your situation.

The only method I'm aware of is the FAA Bill of Sale. The down side may be tax implications. Will your state expect to see sales tax paid?

The only method I'm aware of is the FAA Bill of Sale. The down side may be tax implications. Will your state expect to see sales tax paid?

Just a FAA bill of sale for $1 and "OVC"

Since Oregon has no sales/use tax it should be OK...:)

Last edited:
New registration

I just did the opposite of this. Went from co-owner to individual. I asked the FAA registration branch how and got this reply:

"If there is an actual change in ownership, i.e. Co-Owner to Individual, you will need to submit an ink signed bill of sale and a new registration application, AC Forms 8050-1 & 8050-2 along with a $5 fee."

Bill of sale was for a dollar and I received my new registration quickly.