Challenger filters

I have maintained four Cessna 172's with the IO-360 L2A and Gen 1 challenger oil filters. I would not recommend them. Three out of four filters did not fit together properly and when assembled the filter was crushed. So I ordered replacement filter elements (Challenger would not provide replacements) and when the new elements arrived measured them and the case and found the filters were taller than the space in the case so a little machining and they fit just like the fourth that worked out of the box. I find them expensive and time consuming to maintain. At each oil change you remove the case and clean the filter element with solvent in the ultrasonic bath. (the only way I have found to really get them clean.) Then with patience and a dental pick you remove, clean and reinstall the two magnets trapped under the screen and between the pleats of the filter. Then you reassemble and reinstall the filter with all new o-rings. The o-rings are viton and should be "on condition" items but challenger requires certified aircraft to replace them every time. The o-ring kit is $40.
My recommendation is to use aero accessories ?Tempest? oil filters. Excellent disposable product with an integrated magnet to collect any metal and about $16 each. Good luck, Russ
P.S. Challenger has since changed the filter design the new design is much smaller and has only one rubber o-ring.