Here's a thought

Fly to Portland, OR, rent a car, drive to Mike Seager's home town and get a checkout in the form of transition training then return to Camarillo and fly your plane.

Bob Axsom

Hi Craig,
I used to live in Newbury Park...had my Pulsar XP parked in Camarillo for a couple years prior to moving out of the state. When I bought my Pulsar (and prior to my first flight in my RV-7A), I needed to get some dual instruction. Cost is always a consideration, so for the RV, I opted not to fly somewhere (like what Bob mentioned, above). My insurance company only wanted 3 hours of dual instruction in an RV, and it did not have to be with a CFI. The person providing the instruction had to have at least 100 hours in their RV to make the insurance company feel comfortable. I was happy to see that the RV is pretty easy to fly, so in my case, I was fine with the 3 hours. Depending on your experience, you may want to consider going the same route. Good luck.

I recomend Ron Rapp real good. Many have used him in SoCal.

Ron Rapp ronrapp at gmail.com;

If you want his phone # PM me.

And:

Reuven Silberman, based out of KSEE in San Diego.
His email address is pilots2 at yahoo.com

There are others but the above two are the two most recommended on the SoCAL-RVlist YahooGroup.