RV7Guy

Well Known Member
My girlfriend is learning to fly and would like to buy a C150/152 to build time before getting a transition to RV's.

I'll have a new 7 flying soon and I'd love to have her checked out after she gains some insurance capable hours.

A search of XXXXXXXXX shows a plethora of 150/152's out there. Looking for someone who is knowledgeable on them to assist in selecting a decent one.

Feel free to contact me directly. [email protected]

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have a choice, go for the C-152. Has a bit more hp than the C-150 and the "performance" is a better. You will pay a little more for one but you'll get that back when/if you sell it. I loved my old C-152. It was originally a club plane, then two private owners, then I sold it to a flight school in MN. Had over 11,000 hours on the air-frame when I sold it! Very EZ to own,fly, maintain, and insure. Good luck with your search.
26303004557_f2a987d923_z.jpg
[/url]DSC09181 by David C, on Flickr[/IMG]

Look for this book

Owning, Buying or Flying the Cessna 150/152, a Handbook for Owners, Potential Buyers and Student Pilots,

Paperback?2004

by Mike Arman

Think Tailwheel..

If she is going to fly a -7, you might want to look at a TW aircraft, Taylorcraft, Champ, ect...the tailwheel time will be the important part. The insurance company will want that time more than anything else I believe.

Got a Cub

If she is going to fly a -7, you might want to look at a TW aircraft, Taylorcraft, Champ, ect...the tailwheel time will be the important part. The insurance company will want that time more than anything else I believe.

I currently have a J3 Cub being restored in Wisconsin. She can get her tail endorsement at a local school that has some Cubs. Then, after some experience, I'll send her up to Mike Seager for RV transition.

My -4 was built by a guy with no flight training. He learned to fly in it after he built it.

If it were me, I'd get her some dual in a Cub, Luscombe, etc. If she survives a couple of hours in any of the old taildraggers, she'll do fine (or better) in the -7, and transition will probably be faster as a student than it will be if she develops bad habits in a 150.

RV's are like electric guitars..... ;-)

Charlie