RV Wannabe

Well Known Member
I have an unfortunate customer service experience from Cee Bailey/ Desser Tires that I feel needs to be shared.

To make a very long story short they did not ship on time (very late with no communication / back order info)
Gave attitude when I called and asked for an update,
Gave promises that they did not follow up on,
Shipped incorrect items,
Gave attitude when I brought incorrect items to their attention and said I really did order the wrong item eventhough my receipt shows differently,
Did not re-ship the correct items when they said they did with a tracking number proving it to be many days later, I told them since they were again late that I would be gone for work (17 days) before they arrived and they should have the items sent back to them, I did not want them on my porch that long,
Insinuated that I got the items that were not on my porch when I got home, and would not say if they had them sent back or left on my porch,
Did not do a refund when they said they did, I waited weeks patiently watching my account, asked again and they blamed "the sales guy" and did another "refund" that again, did not exist.
It took paypal to contact them to actually get the refund done,
Never did refund my expense to ship the incorrect items back,
And have not responded to the last 3 emails I have sent asking for the shipping expense and an explanation.

I believe if a company sends the wrong item they should bear the expense of getting it back, I am out $20.08 with nothing to show for it.

Hopefully no one else has an experience like this.

Mark

You are not alone

Mark,
As you will soon find out Desser has a really good reputation on this site and they are a paid advertiser and supporter of VAF. This is primarily why I went to them for my tires this year. However, like you I had a bad experience, mine centered around a single employee of theirs. When I called a second time and talked to a different employee, they were more than helpful with my order, but did not seem to care about the actions of the first employee. It left a bad taste in my mouth. I ended up ordering Desser tires, but from Aircraft Spruce. The tires are awesome and I have never had an issue with ACS.

(Names of Desser employees was omitted because I filled a complaint with Desser and feel that is a better forum for specifics)

Sorry you had a rough experience, but I do believe it is a minority with Desser.

YMMV,

Dan

We ordered Dresser mains and nothing came for 3 weeks. Cancelled the order and got them through Vans

Mark,
Thanks for the report on your experiences with Dressler. Advertiser or not, when a person has a good or bad experience, posting it is a good thing for all. I never got to the ordering part of a tire order -I was turned off by whoever was on the phone attitude. I decided to order my tire where I felt they appreciated my business. I ordered from ACS and they were friendly and helpful.

I am sure Dressler is a fine company and no company is perfect. I may have called on a bad day. I will say on the day I tried to order from Dressler first, ACS was who got my order.

I made a recent order over the phone, getting excellent service. I needed to ask some questions. The tires arrived promptly and were correct.

Good folks to order from, in my opinion.

Dave