mrreddick

Well Known Member
Just in case you're thinking about eating at the Pelican's Landing, the water is very high. It appears that the road is open from the restaurant through the park over to the runway. I would call first to see if they're open for business. Some cars are in the photos but they're normally closed on Mondays so they may be workers.

100_0445a.jpg
100_0446a.jpg

Last edited:
Deja Vu, almost. Last time (last year!!!) when it was under water, I kept thinking, build on higher ground. Well they moved it up a little higher but geesh, not by much. I sure hope they don't go under (water) again.

Chris

I am considering going in for lunch this Saturday. Called Pelicans Landing and they said they are up and running just fine.
This would be the first time I will land on a grass strip in my -10 and I am wondering what condition the grass might be in. Has anyone been into there recently?

I am considering going in for lunch this Saturday. Called Pelicans Landing and they said they are up and running just fine.
This would be the first time I will land on a grass strip in my -10 and I am wondering what condition the grass might be in. Has anyone been into there recently?
I was there two weeks ago on Sunday, May 31st. The runway was just fine. The water was down to what I considered normal and the surface was firm.

3t0

Gary,
We usually land and take off over the lake (wind permitting). It is grass and slightly up hill so you can slow down quickly. Don't land too short it might be soft down by the lake.
Have fun.

3T0

According to the lake reports, Texoma is only a little over 3 feet high today so it's down 8 feet since it flooded the runway section. Should be fine, do not touch down close to the lake, just in case it's soggy.