LettersFromFlyoverCountry

Well Known Member
I did a cursory search of VAF but didn't see a relevant post come up, even though I'm sure this has come up before. Oh well.

I'm fitting the CB-701 front baffle and noticing that it interferes with the most aft nutplate of the three nutplates on the inside of the bottom cowling nose attach area.

nose_inlet_mar_30.jpg

What do people do here? Trim the baffle around that nutplate, or trim the fiberglass and get rid of the nutplate? I don't have the ring gear on at the moment but I do know there is VERY little space between that nutplate and the ring gear.

Pictures welcomed.

Answer

I did a cursory search of VAF but didn't see a relevant post come up, even though I'm sure this has come up before. Oh well.

I'm fitting the CB-701 front baffle and noticing that it interferes with the most aft nutplate of the three nutplates on the inside of the bottom cowling nose attach area.

nose_inlet_mar_30.jpg

What do people do here? Trim the baffle around that nutplate, or trim the fiberglass and get rid of the nutplate? I don't have the ring gear on at the moment but I do know there is VERY little space between that nutplate and the ring gear.

Pictures welcomed.

Did you ever get an answer on this one? I am fitting my front baffles and wonder if it should be trimmed inside the cowl to match the rest of the inlet baffle. I am using a 1/2" gap for ease of install. The plans show the center baffle sitting farther forward than the rest of the inlet baffle.

Thanks.