nucleus

Well Known Member
Just wanted to let all my snowed-in friends here on VAF know that I am going flying today here in Big Sky Country Bozeman Montana, in what I consider perfect conditions:

KBZN 10:56 AM VFR 10 sm Clear 050? at 3 kt -2.0?F -11.9?F 30.55" 62% 655' Sea level pressure 30.90" Hg; 6-hr high: -2.0 F; 6-hr low: -18.9 F; 3-hr pressure trend increased 0.01" Hg, then steady

655 Density Altitude! I am going full rich on takeoff today!

Enjoy the blizzard guys!

Hans

where and when? Today is my weekend, so I'm trying to finish up my honeydo's. Then head to the hangar.

Bah!!

I don't have a plane, but if I did I'd be jealous. I went outside about 2 hours ago and shoveled the sidewalk. There was easily 5" on the ground then. It is still snowing like crazy and my shoveling efforts have drifted over.

it was a beautiful day up there today. It had warmed up to 12*F on the ground, so decided to do a airspeed check. A little cool at altitude, I was showing -18*C(0*F) at 7500'. But the sun was warm, the heater was trying hard and I was able to fly in a sweat shirt and light gloves.

1.1hrs of bliss....and airspeed is within 1kt....pretty good day for sure.....now if I could just smooth out my landings. :eek: