cfiidon

Well Known Member
As a newbie builder I'm learning a lot. I didn't have a lot of info on installing a high pressure pump, so I decided to buy Vans pump and filter AND the install kit. Their web picture made it look like a lot of fabricated components.

I received it yesterday. Let's see... for an additional $85 I received a nine inch piece of aluminum angle, a two inch aluminum flange cut in half, two large adel clamps, a small drawing I need a magnifying glass to read, and three pieces of 3/8 aluminum tubing. Oh, and some screws, nutplates, and rivets. This is probably about 20-25 dollars in hardware (retail).

Don't get me wrong. Vans has a business to run. I'm just venting to make me feel better for being an idiot. Maybe it will help the next guy. Okay, back to the shop!!

Of course, now that you've found this web site, you'll know to ask for folks thoughts on such things before placing the order in the future - right? We've ALL been there.....:)

Post Purchase Thoughts

Now that I put the "kit" together, I realize that a small sheet of .063 rolled correctly with a couple of 90 deg flanges and I'd have been in business. Several possible methods, all secure, and much less expensive. Oh, what the heck, what's $85 in the big scheme of things, right? (wink,wink).